Quebec City Photography Workshop
Quebec City Photography Workshop
I hope you had a wonderful vacation and a great time away from school and hopefully, most of your responsibilities :) It has been a few months since the last photo workshop in Val-Morin, and I’m back with a new one.
Since all of the previous workshops were focused on immersing ourselves in nature, I wanted to switch it up a little bit and spend 2 nights in the urban and historic heart of our beautiful province, Quebec City.
Departure Time: February 1st - 5PM - Pick up at Laurier Metro Station
Return: February 3rd - 5PM in Montreal - Drop off at Laurier Metro Station
Here is what you're going to need if you want to participate and do some learning:
- A camera (duh) - You can bring a DSLR, a mirrorless camera, or even film camera is good too 📷
- All of the lenses that you have - on this particular trip, I would strongly suggest bringing a 35mm or 50mm lens. These lenses are the IDEAL focal lengths for shooting street photography and are very versatile. If you don’t have these, you can easily rent them at Lozeau, Photo Service, or Lou-Cam. Three great rental spots in Montreal! 🔭
- A sturdy tripod for shooting long-exposures at nighttime :)
- Hand warmers in case you get cold - I will bring some but I'm not sure I can provide enough of them for everyone 🔥
- Make sure to bring warm clothes, gloves, hat, and comfortable boots to walk in. Much of our days will be spent walking around outside!
What does it include?
1) Transportation to and from Quebec City.
2) Accommodations in a stunning loft in the heart of downtown Quebec City. (the photos shown here are from one of the many that I’ve seen - going to wait to see how full the trip gets before booking the exact Air BnB)
3) Two nights and three days of semi-private instruction from myself. You will have access to me and will be able to ask me any and all photography-related questions you may have day and night, barring a few hours for relaxation.
On Friday night, we will spend our time outdoors learning how to shoot beautiful nighttime architectural and city photography - we will also spend time learning how to shoot and process timelapse videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXZlh3mds6E&t=21s
On Saturday morning, we will wake up, have a quick breakfast, and then spend the day outside learning the ins and outs of street photography. The beginning of the workshop will begin inside our Air BnB with a slideshow of some of the best works of renowned street photographers from the US and Europe such as Henri Cartier-Bresson and Daniel Arnold.
The class will take approximately 2 hours, after which I will send you on your own way to take photos of the things and people that inspire you and move you. With your newfound knowledge, you will be able to capture some of the hidden beauty in the bustle of the city and its inhabitants.
Once it gets dark, we will all reconvene back at the Air BnB to take a look at what everyone managed to capture during the day and everyone will get a chance to have their work reviewed by myself and all others on the trip (if you aren’t comfortable with it, that’s also fine, and I can review your photos in private, but I strongly recommend it — all reviewing is positive and constructive and will help your growth as a photographer).
On Sunday morning, I will give everyone the freedom to do what they want to do. Whether that’s just continuing to explore the beauty of Quebec City, visiting the Musée de la Civilization, or even relaxing and editing at the Air BnB - it’s all good.